The National Security Directorate (NSD) at Savannah River National Laboratory (SRNL) seeks Postdoctoral Research Associate.
The NSD is seeking a Postdoctoral Associate to participate in the development and implementation of gas chromatographic techniques for the detection of hydrogen isotopes and impurities. The main goal of the program is to refine the current techniques and build a prototype of a gas chromatograph for the desired application. In this role, the Postdoctoral Research Associate will team with Scientists, Engineers, and Technologists within Savannah River National Laboratory.
The selected candidate will be involved in a team composed of scientists and engineers identifying potential opportunities to refine analytical methods mostly focused on gas chromatographic techniques. The work will include synthesis of materials and surface characterization. Development and validation of analytical methods is also needed. The work might require collaborative efforts with other groups within SRNL.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Interpretation of data derived from experiments,
- Participating in and informing the optimization of experimental conditions, and
- Design appropriate setup and material(s) to obtain desired analytical separations.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a US Citizen,
- Have earned a Ph.D. in Chemistry (preferably), Chemical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering; from an accredited university or college within the last 60 months, and
- Be capable of obtaining a security clearance.
Successful candidates will have:
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience in gas chromatography,
- Thorough knowledge on materials synthesis and characterization methods,
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment or on time-sensitive projects,
- Experience with complex data analysis, and
- Publication record on related topics.
It is desirable for the candidate to have:
- Knowledge on MEMS.
For more information and to apply:
SRNL Postdoctoral Research Associate, National Laboratory/Weapons Technology Group https://www.zintellect.com/Posting/Details/3273
The SRNL Postgraduate Research Associates Program is administered by ORAU through its contract with the U.S. Department of Energy to manage the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE).
You received this e-mail due to your institutional or organizational affiliation. If we sent this e-mail to you in error, and you wish not to receive any further e-mails from us, please send a blank email to leave-65716-130909.bc1d32ba6056fd53ae84347df03ea360